5/05/2011

Peek. Bought. Handmade.

As part of our series Peek. Bought. Handmade, we'll take a look at some of the handmade pieces members of the Artisans Gallery Team added to their life.
Today, Yael from TheJoyofColor shares a lovely Etsy story with us.

"I met Kath from NaturalPetProducts in the Etsy treasuries some time ago. We became such good friends that I decided to call her Sis as I feel I found a sister over the ocean. We support each other not only on Etsy but in our personal life as well.
When I listed my first "Stack of Bowls" print, Kath loved it so much that I decided to send it to her as a present for Easter/Passover. Of course, I had to ask for her address and before I could even send it to her she bought it! So refunded her as I wanted it to be a present."
"Last week I got a notice from the Post office about a package. I was a bit worried as I didn't order anything
lately, so I thought "oh no! one of my deliveries was returned, I'm in trouble!"
What a wonderful surprise to discover at the Post office that it was not one of my envelopes! The mystery envelop had a sticker from the BucktoothedBunny. What could it be? I couldn't wait and opened it at the post office and discovered this lovely tote with a note - saying "Love from your Sister Kath :-)". I was so moved that I almost cried."
"The amazing thing is that I was thinking of buying one myself for the summer!"
"You can see me in the photo going to the library with my new Love Language tote."

10 comments:

Laurie Poast said...

What a sweet, lovely story ;-) Some of the people behind Etsy's shops are remarkably special "kindred spirits" (if any of you read Anne of Green Gables) kinds of people...

Jen from SewnNatural said...

fabulous story! thank you so much for sharing! and what a beautiful bag...

TheJoyofColor said...

Thanks Armelle for helping me write this and to Kath the kindest
person i know.

steinschmuckdesign said...

This is so wonderful,
love that Bag!!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful story and the bag is so pretty!

Toni said...

I loved being a part of this! It's one of the most fun things about being involved in the Etsy community is seeing the relationships that can develop between people from all over the world! Also, I loved seeing the photo of Yael walking around Israel with a bag that I made!!!

TheJoyofColor said...

Thanks Toni, i promiss to take it
to Tel Aviv were all the fashoinable people are :-)

PurePixie said...

You're welcome Yael! :)

VerbenaPlace said...

What a heart warming story! Thank you so much for sharing this Yael!

Natural Pet Products said...

Yael, Took me awhile to comment as I was so touched by your loving article. I know that my life has been blessed by you in so many ways. You have been the kindest most loving human being I know. Toni is also such a dear friend that I had to send something dear to me from her shop which showed you how much I love you and think of you often.

Hugs & love from your sis, Kath