6/09/2010

Furiousdreams Etsy Sale and Exhibit

One of our own, Victoria aka Furiousdreams, is exhibiting her works at the Hudson Valley Gallery in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY.  She is also having a moving sale in her Etsy Shop!  Now through June you can get 30-50% off the original price on select works.

Fields of Plenty, 2009
original abstract oil painting
12" x 12"  signed and dated on the front

The work is oil on canvas panel and is sold unframed. I made this panel myself - the masonite backing is rigid and heavier than most commercial panels.

I visited local farms for an internship program I coordinated this year, and was struck by the abundance of food and produce. So this painting has some basis in the concept of fruitful fields.

I also listen to jazz or classical music while I paint and this was conceived while listening to 'Smile' by Brad Mehldau from his 2004 'Anything Goes' CD. Originally written by Charlie Chaplin in 1936 for his film Modern Times, this song has become a popular standard. Mehldau interprets the 'spiritual breakthrough*' that Chaplin wrote about during the depression, but it's never sappy or maudlin.

Succulent Garden, 2000-2003
contemporary abstract archival print from original painting

I began this painting from sketches of Golden Gate Park's succulent garden when I lived in San Francisco from 1997-2001. I worked on the painting in my garage there, and finished it two years later after my move to the midwest. It is one of my favorite works.

Victoria creates abstract, landscape, figurative paintings and drawings.  Below is one of her older works but just as fresh and alive as if it were painting yesterday! 

A blip from her profile page:

My work emerges from my immediate locale to offer a deeply personal response to nature. 

With true joy in painting and an intuitive improvisation of documenting an ephemeral landscape, I want the viewer to remember and be aware that once we had these views, this landscape of incredible beauty. Even on a small plot of land, one can make a paradise.



 Africa, 1988
35x25(in)

To find out more about Victoria visit her profile page or her etsy shop to see the full scope of artwork that she offers.  Her work has also been featured in museum and gallery exhibits since the early 1980's. Her paintings are in private collections in Australia, Canada, Italy, London, Switzerland, and the United States.  Don't miss this chance to own an original during this rare sale!

4 comments:

Victoria Webb said...

Thanks, Paula! There's also a video of the window gallery on my blog by NY arts blogger, Loren Munk.

p said...

congrats to you on the exhibit!

StudioZen said...

Amazing work, Victoria. Your use of light in the Africa painting is beautiful! Congratulations on the exhibit!

anakim said...

Congratulations Victoria - I love all your painting and Africa is my favorite:)