2/10/2011

my studio, my wonderland


The places where we create are so personal, so interesting... and so important to our art. Anna Hansen once said, "Without the studio, however humble, the room where the imagination can enter cannot exist."

Today we get to peek in another artisan's studio, that of fashion designer Mine from LoveandKnit.




Based in Istanbul, her shop is brimming full of handmade clothing and accessories. Thank you, Mine, for this behind-the-scenes look at where you work, and the things you surround yourself as you create.


In Mine's own words: "My studio is my wonderland. I love it so much because that's where I keep all the things I love. It's like a dream place for me, surrounded by beautiful laces, colorful beads, fabrics, yarns, all the materials for creating."


"I also keep toys from my childhood in my studio, my sister's oil paintings and the treasures which I found in stores and fell in love with. Creating is a huge part of my love and I'm so very happy in my studio."

10 comments:

Monica said...

I'd love to be able to visit your studio! Thanks so much for sharing, Mine!

Jennifer Cowgill said...

Love these studio shots! So cozy.

steinschmuckdesign said...

I so love your work,
thanks for sharing!!!

Sarah Jordan said...

Wow, I love that hand thing!

Suite One Studio: Lindsay Emery said...

Wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing your private studio with us all! I love that you refer to your studio as your wonderland! I also love the variety of items you keep nearby for comfort, inspiration and memories! Beautiful studio and beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

belinda marshall said...

thanks for the tour of your lovely studio! love your creations too :)

Lynn Lunger said...

It looks like you have a very comfortable and creative space!

Thank you for sharing it!

Lee Wolfe Pottery OneClayBead said...

What an inspirational space!
Lee/ OneClaybead

Waterrose said...

What a lovely work space and inspiring.

gaudblogvrudaii said...

How nice! I love the details of your studio, so many interesting things.
Thanks for sharing Mine!